858 days

by - February 12, 2021



Hello. 858 days. Gone. Forgotten. Lost. I can't believe it that it has been 2 years and some months and days since I last posted my blog. I was losing interest in writing and I have gotten so busy.... sigh... uni days. 

Anyways, it's February 2021! It's crazy how a lot has changed. I changed, people around me changed, the world changed and wow it was beyond expectations. Crazy how the world has become ever since Covid-19 first strike in the world. It was scary. 

During the first-ever lockdown in Malaysia, I was one of the many university students who got stuck on campus. I was with my two housemates and hell we went through a lot. Yes, the government and my campus provided necessities for us but once lockdown was lifted to partial lockdown, we were able to go out for groceries and stuff. But not once had I go out. I was scared out of my mind over the situation. Also, I was totally in a dark place. Given that I was alone, I was very depressed. I lost a lot of weight and I had the deepest hatred towards covid-19. I lost a family because of it. It was excruciatingly painful, to lost a family and not being able to see them for the last time. Our big family was in pain during those times, considering how everyone was scattered all over the map and due to covid-19 we weren't able to gather around and console each other. Whenever the name of my deceased uncle was mentioned, the atmosphere turns so very solemn. But months have passed, we are all healing. My uncle's family, his children and wife, they are all getting better. Covid-19 made us lost a family but it also makes us grow even closer than before. We are indestructible. 

I have also been doing online classes like all the other university students. And believe me please when I said, it was exhausting. At this point, I don't even know what am I doing. "I only study for the exams" was what I focused on. After the exams, I forgot whatever I've been studying lol. Covid-19 has worsened most of our mental health if not everyone, including mine. 

I hope in any ways possible, we are able to go through this. Let's always pray for the best and let's all survive. Surviving is a must in situations like this, don't let our inner demons overpowers our minds. Covid-19 sucks, but our life could get better if we keep practising social and physical distancing, only go out when you need to, practise hygienes i.e wash your hands regularly, use hand sanitisers, wear your face masks. Let's all fight Covid-19 so that generations after us could live a healthy, hygienic and happier life. Also, always be responsible, your immune system may be strong but the ones around you, probably not. You may get infected, you may also be the carrier of the virus. 

Live responsibly, everyone. Belated happy new year, though, not so much.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Comments will be replied once I've read them :) Love, eqin.